Monday 5 January 2015

Wheels within wheels, plans within plans, but we do need action!

A week ago I shared the front page of the strategic plan for my business with you. Plans are all very well but what we really need is action, but of course we need controlled action which is moving us towards the objective.

With this in mind, I created what I've described as a "Tactical Plan" which I'm going to share with you. The tactical plan sets out an objective and some projects I am going to be working on for the first 3 months of 2015. I've included a redacted plan below. I first heard the word "redacted" in association with US Government documents. I think I would probably use the word "censored" instead. By-the way the Russian word for "editor" is "redactor" (редактор). I'm not sure if that is one of the little tricks laguages play on us, or whether it tells me anything about the Russian attitude to editing.



That really is all there is to the Tactical Plan. It is pinned to the wall in my office and it reminds me what I am achieving at the moment. It helps me to focus and keeps me from getting distracted. Of course, there are more detailed plans as well.

As you can see from the redacted plan, I have an objective, an end date and three projects. The three projects are addressing areas which I know need work: Product and Marketing are hardy perennials and in this case I felt it was time to do a bit of spring-cleaning in the thing I use for the detailed plans and tracking. I may show you that some time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment